Monday, September 26, 2016

Britannia (Valiant)


I don't wish to exchange to many thoughts on this book...As it's a little unclear at this point.
Basically a roman solider is sent to Etrusca (Italy) to rescue a vestal virgin from some evil cult. The legionnaires are successful in the retrieval of the lady.
Later the head of the Vestal Virgins asks Nero to send the same solider to the feared lands of Britain. As there are talks of monsters & demons.

The artwork is good, The story...Is odd! It was a difficult read, I'm big into history inc. The Romans & this was a shadow of there greatness.
Nero looked like Alfred E. Neuman from Mad magazine. The roman solider was caught up in some spells while reading a codex, He then tracks down a fat naked dude (he was entertaining a mistress) cause his misses wanted to know where he was & Nero kills a dude & lastly in Britain, we see a moving rotten pile of flesh with a hundred eyes eating people & well...........

Look, It was boring. Sorry! (but not bad)
I'm sure it will get better. Best way to describe this book is that it was written with the help of Mike Mignola...Only that he was in the next room.

Rating: 6/10








1 comment:

  1. Hey, Gil,

    I forgot that I had ordered this. LOL! Imagine my surprise when it arrived at my door. I read it, and I have to admit I liked it. It was intriguing - it was like a detective story, a historical fiction, and a little bit of H.P. Lovecraft all rolled into one. I had to read it twice to catch all of that.

    Issue #2 is even better. Antonius starts to go all Sherlock Holmes.

    It definitely wasn't what I expected, and Nero sure did look like Alfred E. Neuman! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete