Saturday, December 26, 2015

Original Art Showcase Episode 2 - Manuel Calles González's El Pantera




El Pantera.

    In the last episode of TEX's BACK-ISSUE QUEST 2.0, I sang the praises of El Pantera, and rejoiced in the fact that soon Warren Ellis and Gale Ann Hurd will give the U.S.A. a chance to experience all the awesomeness that is El Pantera when they bring an English-language version of the show to cable!

   Although, several artists have been linked to El Pantera, one of the most notable is Manuel Calles González. González has been in the comics industry in Mexico since 1968, and has worked for many of the most prominent Mexican publishers, such as Editorial VID, Editorial De La Parra, and Editorial Novaro. I was lucky enough to get my hands on some of González's published artwork, so I thought that I'd share it with you all. These pages, written by Daniel Muñoz, and drawn, inked and lettered by González, come from El Pantera #345. ENJOY!!



PAGE 1 of "Al Que Mata Un Perro (To Him That Kills A Dog)" 


PAGE 2


PAGE 3

PAGE 4

PAGE 5

PAGE 6

PAGE 7

PAGE 8

PAGE 9

PAGE 10

PAGE 11

PAGE 12

PAGE 13

PAGE 14 - El Pantera makes his first appearance in this issue. 

PAGE 15

 More to come!! I hope you enjoy viewing these as much as I do!!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful work of my friend Manuel....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Arturo!!

      I am grateful to have you with us! As you have intimate knowledge of the Mexican comics industry, please feel free to educate me and my friends!

      Delete
  2. I can't read a word of Mexican/Spanish but i do like your enthusiasm towards Non-English speaking people who comic books. One does forget that other countries to read & collect them.
    Very cool indeed Tex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gil!

    I get way excited about comics and coming in contact comics creators. From Jason Goodman, to Steve Mannion, to Steve Niles, to Tony Isabella and beyond - I'm a total fan of comics creators that do work that speaks to me.

    Arturo Said is a comics creator from Mexico. He actually did some of the artwork in a few comics that I own. Up until now, it has been all my own detective work to find about Mexican comics and their history. I am happy to have met an actual fount of knowledge to help us along the way.

    ReplyDelete